- Feature Links
- New City Hall Project
New Boerne City Hall Project
Contractor completed walls and grade beams at Chamber portion of ground floor and began pouring outer row of columns.
Construction on the new Boerne City Hall has started! This facility will house over 10 departments, and will serve as the Boerne Utilities Headquarters and Boerne City Council Chambers.
On June 12, 2018, City Council received the guaranteed maximum price from Lee Lewis Construction, the Construction Manager at Risk for the new City Hall project. City Council approved the guaranteed maximum price of $18,765,609, and issued a notice to proceed with construction with a 5-0 vote in favor.
A groundbreaking ceremony was held on May 10, 2018. Watch a highlight video of the ceremony here.
City Council approved the issuance of Tax Notes to finance the new City Hall project. With assistance from the city's Bond Counsel, bids were accepted and Frost Bank pledged to provide the city with $22 million at a very favorable interest rate of 1.79%.
City Hall Advisory Committee was appointed on Tuesday, June 13, 2017. The committee report was presented at the July 25, 2017 City Council meeting. The City Hall Advisory Committee completed their review of the project scope and estimated construction costs. View the full report (PDF).
Members of the City Hall Advisory Committee included:
Jeff Haberstroh - Chair
Tommy Mathews (alternate)
The city is using the Construction Manager at Risk (CMR) process for the new City Hall project. City Council approved an agreement with Lee Lewis Construction at the February 14, 2017 regularly scheduled City Council Meeting. Learn more about the CMR process (PDF).
City Council approved the negotiation of an architectural and engineering services contract for the design of the new Boerne City Hall at the September 13, 2016 regularly scheduled City Council meeting.
- Christina Bergmann - Chairperson
- David Spencer - District 1
- Barbara Racinowski - District 2
- Kerry Phillip - District 3
- Ben Adam - District 4
- Cathy Spain - District 5
- FACT SHEET - New City Hall (PDF)
- Project History (PDF)
- Needs Assessment and Conceptual Design by Randall Scott Architects (PDF)
- Staff prepared draft site plan drawing (PDF)
- Cultural Resources Survey and Preliminary Archeological Testing for the City of Boerne’s Civic Campus Project, Kendall County, Texas (PDF)
Minutes are in draft form and unofficial until approved by the Committee.
- Do we really need a new City Hall?
- What city departments will be in the new City Hall?
- Are there any other three story buildings on Main Street?
- How many employees will be working in the new building?
- Will there be a "drive through" window for payments?
- Why can't the current City Hall be expanded?
- Why build it for 30 years out? Why not for today?